Last Updated : 15-Dec-2015
Issue Number : 0100432702
This file is a TWAIN-compliant scanner driver for Canon color image scanner.
- OS X El Capitan (v10.11) has been added as a supported OS.
- OS X Yosemite (v10.10) has been added as a supported OS.
- OS X Mavericks v10.9 has been added as a supported OS.
- Installation problem has been fixed.
- OS X Mountain Lion (v10.8) has been added as a supported OS.
OS X El Capitan v10.11
OS X Yosemite v10.10
OS X Mavericks v10.9
OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.5
OS X Lion v10.7.5
OS X Snow Leopard v10.6.8
OS X Leopard v10.5.8
1.[OS X v10.11]
When the scanner driver is launched, the guide message is may be displayed.
When you select Yes:
The TWAIN driver (ScanGear) is launched. Scanning using MP Navigator EX or IJ Scan Utility can be performed.
Here, the ICA driver cannot be launched. The product name is not displayed in Image Capture, therefore, you cannot perform scanning using Image Capture.
2.[OS X v10.11]
(USB)Due to a change in the OS specifications, scanning from the product (by using the SCAN button) is not available. Perform scanning from a PC.
3.[OS X v10.8, v10.9, v10.10, v10.11]
When you try to install the software downloaded from the Canon download library, the message will be displayed and the installer cannot be launched in some instances.
Procedures for the installation:
- While pressing and holding the Ctrl key, click on the installer package file.
- Select [Open].
- "The software is from an unidentified developer. Are you sure want to open it?" is displayed. Select [Open].
Download / Installation Procedures
1. Download the file. For the location where the file is saved, check the computer settings.
2. Double-click the downloaded file and mount it on the Disk Image.
3. Double-click the mounted Disk Image.
4. Double-click the packaged file in the folder. Installation starts automatically.
- File name : msd_-mac-mg6200-18_0_1b-ea11.dmg
- File version : 18.0.1b
- File language : German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- File size : 13,111KB
Canon Driver Downloads is for the support of Canon Products SOLD IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND ONLY. It includes drivers and demonstration software for Canon brand printers, scanners, cameras and other Canon products.
DISCLAIMER: CANON AUSTRALIA PTY LTD MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. CANON AUSTRALIA PTY LTD SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
Export: Some of the software is subject to export controls under the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and anyone receiving the software cannot export the software without a license or other authorisation of the U.S. Canon will not be liable for any loss of whatsoever nature incurred as a result of this prohibition.
Applicable software includes;
- Software using OS created by US companies
- Driver software (printer driver, fax driver),
- Utility software (Network ScanGear),
- Application software (imageWARE products),
- Support tool (SST, NAVI, etc)
- Firmware of the device (main body)
and any further software that may from time to time be added to this list.