Last Updated : 03-Aug-2012
Issue Number : 0200041018
This application software allows you to scan, save and print photos and documents. You can also edit images, or attach images to e-mail using this application software.
- OS X Mountain Lion (v10.8) has been added as a supported OS.
(Digital signature will be added in the future.)
- The following problem has been rectified:
When upgrading Photo Studio prepackaged with the machine to the Ver. 6.0x supporting OS X v10.7, the collaborative operations between Photo Studio and MP Navigator EX cannot be executed.
- OS X v10.7 has been added as a supported OS.
- The problem that MP Navigator EX is improperly terminated when uninstalling the associated e-mail application has been rectified.
- Supports OS X v10.6.
- Can be used with Inkjet multifunctional printers and personal scanners supported by MP Navigator EX Ver. 2.0.0 to 2.0.2.
- The problem that the JPEG image files with the same date were sorted and displayed in order of file name when displaying them in order of time has been rectified.
- (When using with the inkjet multifunctional printer)The problem that the disabled scan setting "Text(OCR)" may be displayed when "Compress scanned images when transferring" is specified has been rectified.
OS X 10.2.8/10.3.9/10.4.11/10.5.8/10.6.8/10.7/10.8
1.Only the PDF files created with MP Navigator EX can be edited. The PDF files created with any other application software or the PDF file that is additionally edited with the software other than the above cannot be edited.
2.MP Navigator EX can detect the words and phrases only when they are in the PDF files created with MP Navigator EX. In other words, MP Navigator EX is unable to detect them in the PDF files created with other application software or in the PDF files that are originally created with MP Navigator EX but edited with other application software.
3.The images may be displayed as "?" in the following cases. The images with "?" cannot be used with the listed Canon scanners.
- When an un-supported image file is displayed.
- When the image cannot be displayed because of the shortage of the memory due to its size.
- When the image file is destroyed.
4.Once you save the image after using the Auto Image Fix function, you cannot use the Auto Image Fix function again to the same image. Also, the Auto Image Fix function may not be available if the image is enhanced or corrected using software or digital camera manufactured by other companies.
5.The supported TIFF files are as follows:
- Uncompressed, black and white 2 values
- Uncompressed, RGB, 8bit each
- Uncompressed, YCC, 8bit each
6.You can create PDF files by selecting "Enable keyword search" or "Simplified Chinese" in MP Navigator EX. However, the texts included in the created PDF files cannot be detected in MP Navigator EX.
7.When using OS X v10.4.0 to v10.4.3, if "Auto Photo Fix" is executed, the corrected image is not displayed properly.
Upgrade your OS to v10.4.4 or higher, and the image will be corrected properly.
8.<OS X v10.6/v10.7>
Push-scan may not start.
Download MP Navigator EX 2.0 Opener. After installation, follow the prepackaged manual to do the settings.
Procedures for the download and installation
1. Click the link. The download will start automatically.
2. Files will be saved on the computer desktop.
3. Double-click the file to mount the Disk Image.
4. Double-click the mounted Disk Image.
5. Double-click the .pkg file in the folder. Installation starts automatically.
- File name : mnve_2_0-mac-2_0_6-ea8_2.dmg
- File version : 2.0.6
- File language : German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Simplified Chinese
- File size : 30,586KB
Canon Driver Downloads is for the support of Canon Products SOLD IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND ONLY. It includes drivers and demonstration software for Canon brand printers, scanners, cameras and other Canon products.
DISCLAIMER: CANON AUSTRALIA PTY LTD MAKES NO GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO ANY PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS, OR ANY OTHER, CANON SOFTWARE SITE. ALL SUCH PROGRAMS, FILES, DRIVERS AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE SUPPLIED "AS IS." CANON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. CANON AUSTRALIA PTY LTD SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.
Export: Some of the software is subject to export controls under the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and anyone receiving the software cannot export the software without a license or other authorisation of the U.S. Canon will not be liable for any loss of whatsoever nature incurred as a result of this prohibition.
Applicable software includes;
- Software using OS created by US companies
- Driver software (printer driver, fax driver),
- Utility software (Network ScanGear),
- Application software (imageWARE products),
- Support tool (SST, NAVI, etc)
- Firmware of the device (main body)
and any further software that may from time to time be added to this list.