Replacing the Maintenance Cartridge (iPF750/iPF755/iPF760/iPF765)
Last Updated : 28-Mar-2012
Issue Number : 8200535500
Issue Number : 8200535500
Maintenance Cartridge MC-10
Take the following precautions when handling the Maintenance Cartridge.
- For safety, keep the Maintenance Cartridge out of the reach of children.
- If ink is accidentally ingested, contact a physician immediately.
- To prevent ink leakage from the used Maintenance Cartridge, avoid dropping the cartridge or storing it at an angle. Otherwise, ink may leak and cause stains.
- Ink adheres to the top of the Maintenance Cartridge after it has been used. Handle the Maintenance Cartridge carefully during replacement. The ink may stain clothing.
- Do not remove the Maintenance Cartridge except to replace it.
- Do not install a used Maintenance Cartridge in another printer.
You can replace Maintenance Cartridge if the Display Screen advises you to check the remaining capacity or replace the Maintenance Cartridge.
If a message is displayed requesting Maintenance Cartridge replacement, you can skip the step Access the menu for Maintenance Cartridge replacement. Follow the instructions in Replace the Maintenance Cartridge.
- Do not replace the Maintenance Cartridge during initialization immediately after turning on the printer, during Printhead cleaning, or when ink is being absorbed. Ink may leak out.
1.On the Tab Selection screen of the Control Panel, press or to select the Settings/Adj. tab ().
- If the Tab Selection screen is not displayed, press the Menu button.
2.Press the OK button.
The Set./Adj. Menu is displayed.
3.Press or to select Maintenance, and then press the OK button.
4.Press or to select Repl. maint cart, and then press the OK button.
A message on the Display Screen advises you to open the Maintenance Cartridge Cover.
1.Open the box, remove the plastic bag and packaging material, and take out the Maintenance Cartridge.
- Never touch the metal contacts (a). This may damage the Maintenance Cartridge.
2.At this point, open the Maintenance Cartridge Cover.
3.Hold the used Maintenance Cartridge by the grip (a) with one hand and put your other hand under the Maintenance Cartridge to hold it firmly on the bottom, keeping it level as you pull it out.
- Used maintenance cartridges are heavy. Always grasp the cartridge firmly and keep the cartridge level during removal and storage. If you drop a used Maintenance Cartridge or store it at an angle, ink may leak and cause stains.
- The remaining Maintenance Cartridge capacity is recorded on each printer. Do not install a used Maintenance Cartridge in another printer.
4.Keep the used Maintenance Cartridge level as you put it in the plastic bag. Expel excess air from the plastic bag and seal the zipper.
5.Confirm the Maintenance Cartridge is right-side up, put it in the box with the packaging material attached, and store it so that it stays level.
- Always put the used Maintenance Cartridge back in the box and store the box on a flat surface. Otherwise, ink may leak and cause stains.
6.Keeping the new Maintenance Cartridge level, insert it all the way in.
7.Close the Maintenance Cartridge Cover.
8.Press the OK button.
The printer now initializes the Maintenance Cartridge.