EOS Utility does not Work Properly / Uninstalling (Deleting) and Re-installing EOS Utility (Windows XP)
Last Updated : 23-Jul-2014
Issue Number : 8201095200
Issue Number : 8201095200
Please follow the procedure below to uninstall (delete) EOS Utility and then re-install the software.
Before Deleting EOS Utility, please perform the following procedures:
- Click the [ ] icon on the taskbar of the desktop and select [Quit].
- Exit any applications before uninstalling EOS Utility.
1. Click [Start], [Control Panel] .
2. Click [Add or Remove Programs].
3. Select [Canon Utilities EOS Utility 2] and click [Change/Remove].
If version 2.13 or earlier of EOS Utility is installed on your computer, [Canon Utilities EOS Utility] will be displayed in the position indicated by in the example image above.
In this case, [EOS Utility] will appear in place of [EOS Utility 2] in the screens shown in the example images below.
4. When the following dialog box appears, click [OK] to start uninstalling EOS Utility.
5. When the uninstallation is finished, the following dialog appears.
Click [OK] to close the window.
1. After uninstalling EOS Utility by following one of the procedures above, restart your computer.
To prevent computer malfunctions, always restart your computer after you have uninstalled EOS Utility. Re-installing the software without first restarting your computer is particularly likely to result in computer malfunctions.
2. Check the version (Ver.) listed on the top of the EOS DIGITAL Solution Disk before installing the software. If the EOS DIGITAL Solution Disk was not included with your camera, please download it from the Canon homepage and install it on your computer.
- If your CD-ROM is version (Ver.) 11 or earlier, please make sure that one of the following applications has been installed on your computer.
If none of the following applications has been installed, please install them from the CD-ROM.
- EOS Viewer Utility
- File Viewer Utility
- CameraWindow DSLR (*)
(*)This is only for users who use both an EOS DIGITAL camera and ZoomBrowser EX Ver.5.x in combination.
After that, please download the EOS Utility updater from the Canon Web site to install the software by following the on-screen messages displayed.
- If your CD-ROM is version (Ver.) 12 or later, please install the software by following the procedures below.
3. Insert the EOS DIGITAL Solution Disk (CD-ROM) into the computer.
If the installer is not activated automatically, click [Start], [My Computer], [CD drive], and [setup.exe], in that order.
4. Select the country where you live, and then click [Next].
5. Click [Custom Installation] .
6. Close any other applications, and then click [OK].
7. In the [Software to be installed] window, select EOS Utility 2 ( ), and then click [Next].
8. Click [Install].
9. Click [Yes] to accept the License Agreement.
10. The following window appears, and installation starts.
11. Click [Next].
12. The following window appears. Select [No, I will register later.] here, and then click [Next].
To register your camera on CANON iMAGE GATEWAY, select [Yes, I would.].
13. Click [OK].
14. Click [Finish].
15. If a message appears prompting you to restart the computer, click [Restart], and when the computer has restarted, remove the CD-ROM.
This completes the procedure for re-installing EOS Utility.